[OSGeo-Discuss] foss4g and open data event - Open Data Science Europe Workshop

duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue May 4 05:58:36 PDT 2021

Hi Codrina

foss4g sounds exciting, I will certainly promote it via osarch.org.

Can I ask why Zoom and Youtube will be tools for sharing content rather
than using FOSS tools? That seems like a strange choice for a FOSS
event. I'm sure the people behind LibrePlanet (
https://media.libreplanet.org/ ) and FOSSDEM ( https://fosdem.org/2021/
) would be happy to share their experience og hosting huge conferences
on Free Software platforms that respect privacy and freedom. I attended
both conferences and they worked very well.

Warm regards, Duncan Lithgow