[OSGeo-Discuss] foss4g and open data event - Open Data Science Europe Workshop

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Tue May 4 23:37:09 PDT 2021

Hi, Duncan,

Thanks for sharing the news!

The Open Data Science Europe Workshop is an event organized within the
framework of an European project, called the Geo-harmonizer
[https://maps.opendatascience.eu/]. The acronym stands for EU-wide
automated mapping system for harmonization of Open Data based on FOSS4G
and Machine Learning. Thus, all tools for data production used/developed
in the project are open source and all datasets obtained are openly
licensed - hence the 'foss4g' and 'open data' in the subject of the email.
We know that there are FOSS solutions for hybrid events like this one,
however the Zoom/Youtube setup has already been successfully tested by
the organization hosting the event and we don't have enough resources
(time, people etc.) at this point to change.

Warm regards,
Codrina