[OSGeo-Discuss] [OSGeo-Conf] Announcement: Call for Location global FOSS4G 2023

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 23:13:50 PST 2022

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 16:45, Michael Smith via Discuss
<discuss at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> I would say that its probably best to think about Hybrid, as this is what is happening for 2022. Essentially you are both right, there are pluses and minuses to each. And we want to support both going forward as there isn’t going to be an approach that works for everyone. Future FOSS4Gs will probably all part virtual and in-person.

Yes, I also (and not only because as FIrenze LOC are following these
way) think in the future virtual and in-person FOSS4G should be the
way to go.

To save the environment a better idea is to connect similar events in
the same place at closed times. I really look forward to being able to
join FOSS4G, SotM, HOT summit, OGRS, geopython, gvsig, etc conferences
all together. Since the spirit and the values are really similar I
think it could be possible to get a bigger year conference about Open
Geography tools and data.

About the effort of Local committee to start again it is true, for
that I would like to see in the future an OSGeo Working group managing
the organisation of the conference with the help of Local committee
(this already happen for SotM and HOT Summit)

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org