[OSGeo-Edu] foss4g examples of biodiversity/env. health

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 19:19:07 EDT 2007

folks,

I have been invited to present at a workshop on open access to
scientific data in Brazil in May. I am putting together a talk
showcasing biodiversty and env. health projects where open geospatial
made a difference. I ask for your input -- if you know of projects
where open geospatial technology and data made a difference in the
area of biodiversity or env. health, please send me the information so
I may include the highlights in the presentation. Highlights should
focus on the challenges, and how the open nature of technology and
data helped overcome the challenge.

Many thanks,

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation http://www.osgeo.org/education/