[OSGeo-Edu] Our proposed educational content andmanagement standard!

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 21 13:53:02 EST 2008

On 21-Jan-08, at 10:00 AM, Landon Blake wrote:

> Ned wrote: A number of people are using DocBook for
> publishing books. One of the best know is O'Reilly.

The nice thing is that they provide template styles so that you can
use OpenOffice (or Word) to do it all in a sort of WYSIWYG
environment.  It was quite painless for me when I did it.  I'm new to
docbook, but I can't see any reason why a few styles added to
OpenOffice can't wrap up the complexities of the XML creation.  For
that matter I'm sure a simple (not simple for me) web form wrapped up
with some controls in javascript couldn't handle it all if you wanted
a web interface :)

Tyler