[OSGeo-Edu] Update on the Metadata Chapter of the Free GIS Book

Landon Blake lblake at ksninc.com
Mon Jan 21 19:49:01 EST 2008

I've written some more content of the Metadata chapter for the Free GIS
Book. You can read it here:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df5nfmf8_37gc47xc

This new content includes sections on the content of metadata and
metadata standards. I've decided that at some point in the future I will
have to write a separate article on cooking up your own metadata
standard. I talk about this a little bit in the chapter, but I don't
want to get totally distracted. :]

As always, I welcome comments, corrections, and suggestions.

I've also added definitions for "Geospatial Metadata Instance" and
"Geospatial Metadata Standard" to the Starter Dictionary on the OSGeo
Wiki.

Landon

P.S. - I think the chapter is now about 2/3 done. When it is finished I
would be happy to test out Docbook with the chapter.

Warning: