[OSGeo-Edu] OSGeo Education Committee Meeting

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Thu Jul 29 06:57:02 EDT 2010

Simon Cropper wrote:
> Charlie & others,
>
> Has the final time for this meeting been settled
Based on the Doodle poll results, our IRC meeting will be at 12:00 noon
UTC on Friday July 30, 2010.
We'll talk for about 1 hour and I'll try to guide us through the agenda
and keep us on point. Please check for your local time at [1]
> and has anyone clarified what
> IRC channel and node were are going to be using?

Arnulf suggested we use the #osgeo channel on irc.freenode.net, in part
because it should log our conversation. I use IRC only very infrequently
-- so could someone who is more experienced send out some instructions
on logging in to this channel?

I used http://webchat.freenode.net/ via my browser and it appears to
work although I am not sure the message I sent to others logged in was
received. I plan to log in  today at 9:30 am Eastern US time (cschweik)
and it would be great if someone else will too so we can test in advance
of our meeting tomorrow.

Talk to some of you tomorrow! Thanks all.

Charlie

[1]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=7&day=30&year=2010&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=0