[OSGeo-Edu] Re: Peer to Peer University: Community GIS course

Brylie Oxley brylie at tuxfamily.org
Mon Dec 19 19:11:41 EST 2011

I am continuing to develop the course and would appreciate any
assistance from members of the OSGeo community.  The course is designed
as a general overview and gentle introduction to GIS concepts, using
libre/open source software. We currently need help with the following
topics:

* Vector Graphics (basic)
* Raster Graphics (basic)
* Geographic Metadata, database tables, attribute structure
* Practical applications of GIS (e.g. emergency planning, city planning,
environmental studies)
* Map projrctions, coordinate systems

We need simple explanations, graphics depicting concepts, and quick (pen
and paper type) tasks to demonstrate the fundamentals of each concept.

Again, thank you all for your eagerness to educate the public about
libre/open source GIS. All materials created at the Peer to Peer
University are public domain (CC-by-SA).

--Brylie Oxley
Technology Apprentice
Woolman Semester
http://woolman.org