[El] GDAL 1.7.3 in elgis-testing

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Dec 9 05:23:09 EST 2010

Hi Viji,

> This should work perfectly fine on:
>
> RHEL/EPEL 5

I am under the impression that tests such as:
%if "%{?dist}" == ".el5"
do not work because our %{?dist} is '.el5.elgis'

Isn't there another way to check for this?
Or something like %if "%{?dist}" == ".el5*"

If not, I'll simply hack these tests away but that's would be too bad
not to have a single spec file maintained.

Would it also be possible to have the modified GDAL sources accessible
in a public URL?

Like:
Source0:   http://dev.argeo.org/elgis/dist/gdal/%{name}-%{version}-fedora.tar.gz

That way I can have a completely automated build process from the
sources tarball.

> In case if the test fails on EL5, I would appreciate if you can
> provide access to a RHEL 5 test machine for sometime so that I can
> test and resolve all the issues in one shot.

Wouldn't it be much easier for you to install CentOS 5 in a VM?
(VirtualBox, KVM, ...)
It takes a few minutes. Then you just need to install the CentOS mock
package and you are ready to go. I'm happy to help you doing it.

Or isn't it possible to build for other distribs such as CentOS in the
Fedora mock? (they perform a kind of install after all).

I'm not sure whether it is worth creating you an account with
system-level access in our infrastructure for something that can very
easily be done locally...

Cheers,

Mathieu

PS: please keep the list cced., there can always be some interesting
comments coming from it :)