[El] GDAL 1.7.3 in elgis-testing

Viji V Nair viji at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 9 06:59:15 EST 2010

Hi

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:
> Hi Viji,
>
>> This should work perfectly fine on:
>>
>> RHEL/EPEL 5
>
> I am under the impression that tests such as:
> %if "%{?dist}" == ".el5"
> do not work because our %{?dist} is '.el5.elgis'
>
> Isn't there another way to check for this?
> Or something like %if "%{?dist}" == ".el5*"

I am not sure, but may work, need to test.

> If not, I'll simply hack these tests away but that's would be too bad
> not to have a single spec file maintained.
>
> Would it also be possible to have the modified GDAL sources accessible
> in a public URL?
>
> Like:
> Source0:   http://dev.argeo.org/elgis/dist/gdal/%{name}-%{version}-fedora.tar.gz

If you can put this on OSGeo site then we can. But, please remember
that we cannot have this on a third party URL other than the upstream
one.

> That way I can have a completely automated build process from the
> sources tarball.
>
>> In case if the test fails on EL5, I would appreciate if you can
>> provide access to a RHEL 5 test machine for sometime so that I can
>> test and resolve all the issues in one shot.
>
> Wouldn't it be much easier for you to install CentOS 5 in a VM?
> (VirtualBox, KVM, ...)
> It takes a few minutes. Then you just need to install the CentOS mock
> package and you are ready to go. I'm happy to help you doing it.
>
> Or isn't it possible to build for other distribs such as CentOS in the
> Fedora mock? (they perform a kind of install after all).
>
> I'm not sure whether it is worth creating you an account with
> system-level access in our infrastructure for something that can very
> easily be done locally...

I already have many VMs on may machines, unfortunately I dont have one
for CentOS5 and RHEL5 . I am travelling right now and have a very
limited internet connectivity (1x CDMA N/W), otherwise I would have
been downloaded the image and set it up by this time.

I can have a mock build for RHEL5 on fedora build system, but the
upload of the source is also taking some time and getting disconnected
in between because of the instable network connectivity.

So, I thought you may have some machines in which i can do ssh and
test. Anyway my connectivity will be poor up to 19th of this month, I
will try to do the mock for RHEL5 on fedora build system, let me see
how it goes.

Thanks
Viji