[El] MapServer 5.6.6 package depends on php-gd

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Thu Apr 14 10:44:09 EDT 2011

> Does anybody on the list know how I could write this condition?

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but Viji tried back in December,
and did not succeed:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/el/2010-December/000344.html

Unfortunately I think that we should keep el5.elgis in the dist
because we don't want to imply the same level of "authenticity" than
the base OS or EPEL.
This is very useful to be able to query the RPM database based on this.

Maybe is it possible to test on the PHP version?
(if php < 5.3  then use php53)

Or we can simply put el5.elgis and people who want to do their own
packaging would simply merge and replace el5.elgis by el5.mydist (not
a big effort IMHO).

>From our experience with GDAL and how much energy we put into having a
spec file spanning from EL 4 to EL 6 via Fedora [n..m], I now tend to
think that it is often easier and cleaner to merge using a proper
source control system...