[ELGIS] Subversion branches changes with the introduction of ELGIS 6

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Wed Sep 28 14:28:05 EDT 2011

Hello,

as you know, all the spec files, patches etc. used to build the ELGIS
packages are available in this public subversion repository:
https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory
(for each branche under the 'rmbuild' base directory).

- trunk is for ELGIS6 Testing
(https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/trunk)

- branches/5-testing is for ELGIS5 Testing
(https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/branches/5-testing)

- branches/5-stable is for ELGIS5 Stable
(https://projects.argeo.org/elgis/svn/factory/branches/5-stable/)

ELGIS5 Testing was previously maintained in trunk and it has been
branched from the trunk after the big batch release to ELGIS5 Stable
(so currently both branches are in line, except for packages which
never made it to stable).

The approach will be to:
- work on trunk (ELGIS 6 Testing) as we are currently doing for MapServer
- merge from trunk to branches/5-testing (and then to branches/5-stable)
- merge from trunk to branches/6-testing (to be created)

Please note that trunk is currently a bit messy since:
- not all packages have been rebuilt since the merge from ELGIS5 (we
currently focus on "core" packages)
- some have moved from elgis-plus (typically QGIS)

When you work on spec files, the most useful for us is:
- if you take the latest version from trunk
- send a diff/patch of your changes

Cheers,

Mathieu