[fdo-dev] GDAL version in the trunk

Greg Boone greg.boone at autodesk.com
Fri Oct 6 13:58:14 EDT 2006

I agree on both points.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Warmerdam (External)
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 1:49 PM
To: dev at fdo.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [fdo-dev] GDAL version in the trunk

Traian Stanev wrote:
> To go one step further... Does it make sense for the build script to
get
> GDAL from its home server rather than  the copy we make in the FDO
> trunk?

Traian,

Well, as long as we are staging copies of the other various dependencies
in the FDO/Thirdparty tree, it seems you might as well also stage a
"known good" version of GDAL there too.

I do look forward to improving the FDO build mechanisms so that an
existing
external version of GDAL can be used, as least optionally, at some
point.

------
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org