[fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Mar 18 14:02:53 EDT 2008

I'm not sure how I feel about .prj file support.  Does the use of this
imply that all tables in the database share the same coordinate system?
I guess that if this was combined with the use of X/Y columns, it would
increase the portability of using SQLite for spatial in some cases.

I understand that QGIS uses SQLite somehow internally.  Does anyone know
the details?  It would be nice to align with them if possible.

Jason

From: Traian Stanev
Subject: [fdo-internals] FDO RFC 16 - FDO Provider for SQLite

I just posted FDO RFC #16. Fresh off the virtual presses (printed on
100% recycled electrons, for you green-minded folks):

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FDORfc16