[fdo-internals] Several small code changes in fdo to compileagainst pedantic mode default in gcc 4.3.2

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri May 30 14:45:16 EDT 2008

In order to maintain code provenance and stability, FDO has a standard
process for granting commit rights.  The first step is to sign a
contributor agreement, then submit several patches by way of
ticket+patch, and finally when the existing developers are happy with
code you would be proposed and voted on by the PSC as a new committer.

I would suggest jump-starting this process by creating a ticket and
attaching your patches for now, and you could also sign and mail/fax the
contributor agreement:

http://fdo.osgeo.org/files/Individual%20Contributor%20Agreement%20-%20FD
O.pdf

From: Helio Chissini de Castro
Subject: [fdo-internals] Several small code changes in fdo to
compileagainst pedantic mode default in gcc 4.3.2

I'm fighting against new gcc 4.3.1 and their new pedantic mode.
Is worth the work, since new gcc is way faster to compile among other
benefits.
The issue is that fdo have several points that we need include explicit
headers, like string.h.
The other issue is that some small code standards shout too much
warnings, na
if -ansi mode is enabled, it not compile at all.

I just started this tests since i improved the cmake build to have
proper
linux flags and start the windows side too, and convert UnitTests to a
more
recent cppunit.

Despite cppunit part, can i be able to have access and commit the small
fixes
for new gcc, like add missing required includes ?

Thanks in advance