[fdo-internals] Use of SQL pass through

Orest Halustchak orest.halustchak at autodesk.com
Thu Jun 25 10:34:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

But the class definition includes additional information that you wouldn't find just by getting information a property at a time. The idea with the feature reader is that it is returning "objects" based on a class definition rather than arbitrary collections of columns. The addition of getting a feature reader from the SQL command is intended to be optional for the caller, they don't need to use it if they don't want. But the class definition includes extra information such as the identity properties (primary key) so that the caller can determine the unique identity of these objects, which is important if the caller is going to draw these objects and then enable a user to edit them or go back to the data store for other information about the object.

Thanks,
Orest.