[fdo-users] FDO 3.6 Read data performance issue

Ray ray.wu at efacec.com
Thu Aug 11 10:36:24 EDT 2011

I am using FDO 3.6 on Windows 7, Oracle 11g and together with Autocad Map
2012.

Action:
Read through every tile of a map (using FDO command to read from Oracle
database) and then export them as DXF files. In the beginning the speed was
good. Over time, it becomes slower and slower. If I close the application
then restart the application, reading data becomes fast again.

I wonder if FDO keeps data in a cache and then the longer the cache is full,
then it causes performance slows down or is there anything else special in
FDO caused the issue.

I don't recall FDO 3.4 has this problem.

Any setting or API can I use to clear the problem?