[Featureserver] OpenLayers+FeatureServer full transactional example

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Thu Jul 9 08:50:12 EDT 2009

On Friday, June 26, 2009, Alexandre Dube <adube at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> Note that you didn't mention "Try the MapFish Protocol" as I recommended
>> in here. FS + MapFish servers should likely perform about the same --
>> the client side code is what you're looking for. (Also, I still
>> recommend getting proxies out of the way for testing. Proxies are a
>> different problem.)
>>

> I finally got it working !
>
> MapFish server is indeed very similar to FeatureServer. Using
> Protocol.MapFish, with a minor change ('bbox' instead of 'box'
> property),

Right. We could easily have "bbox" as an alias to "box" in MapFish. We
could also change the client code (Protocol.MapFish) so that "bbox" is
used instead of "box", in this way we'll be closer to the
FeatureServer interface. Alexandre, if you care about this, feel free
to open a ticket in the MapFish trac, and I'll make a quick patch when
I'm back from vac (the 15th of july).

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine