[Featureserver] OpenLayers+FeatureServer full transactional example

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jun 17 16:01:17 EDT 2009

Alexandre Dube wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I'm looking for an OpenLayers example that uses FeatureServer to
> Insert/Update/Delete vector features to help me learn how the
> combination of the two projects works.
>
>   So far, I'm able to GetFeatures/Insert but Delete and Update doesn't
> work.  Before posting what I did, I would like to see what others did to
> achieve this.
>
>   Thanks,

Alexandre,

I didn't use FeatureServer so this might be irrelevant, but I achieved
the same with a small php script the did the insert/edit/delete of
features directly to postgresql/postgis and configured mapserver to
serve the feature via wfs.

My somewhat dated hack is here:
http://imaptools.com/~woodbri/edit/index26rc.php

if you are interested in looking at it.