[OSGeo Finance] Changing Banks

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Wed Apr 23 15:36:26 EDT 2008

dear all,
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:19:15PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> With all the banks they have a remote wire transfer service, but it's
> geared so much to large corporate accounts that the cost is
> prohibitive.  It helps reduce the per-transaction fee but the monthly
> fee is like 3 times as much

+1, I ran the details of the situation past William who has some
experience of Canadian business banking and he said "That makes
perfect sense".

It does raise the question in my mind of why does OSGeo remain a
US-registered company (whether or not in good repute), would it
simplify matters to migrate the whole corporation into a Canadian
non-profit.

Will also asked about the payroll company OSGeo is now using to handle
Tyler's contract - is it US or Canada based - if it is US based
what are the arrangements for paying the employer's half of the CPP,
the pension plan contribution? (And is a shift in our banking facility
going to affect how funds are managed with the payroll company?)

It would be good to have another telecon meeting of this Committee RSN
especially so we can make calming noises at Dave and discuss how to
lighten the workload of the Treasurer somewhat.

cheers,

jo