[OSGeo Finance] Finance Report

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 9 13:53:02 EDT 2008

Dave McIlhagga wrote:
> Actually in these cases - the funds are allocated for contracting when
> the sponsorship is committed - even before the actual contracts are
> signed. So I'm not a finance expert -- but I believe we should be
> identifying it as a liability since the project can issue a contract for
> this at any time.
>
> Ken - does this make sense to you?

Dave,

Ah, understood.  I don't have the docs handy, but I thought that
Tyler was keeping track of "project dedicated funds" or something like
that to indicate that some of the money is reserved for project specific
work.  I agree it is critical to keep track of that.  As a GDAL guy I don't
want to find out OSGeo blew all my projects money on something else!

Best regards,