[OSGeo Finance] PEO Canada

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 12 16:05:34 EST 2008

Folks,

Tyler and I had a conference call with our representative from PEO Canada
(Sandy Newman) who briefed me on how their payment services work for Tyler.
She also prepared a rough estimate for what our costs will be for 2009 based
on the current salary for Tyler. It works out to $106269 CAD with various
fees, taxes, and benefits.  I will use this for the budget.  The exact amount
will vary a bit depending on last minute changes to government rates for
stuff like Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan, and Workman's
Compensation.

Based on the complexity of what is being provided, I think the apparent
rate of $188 CAD per month charged by PEO is reasonable.  (They also charge
a modest additional fee to administer the health care spending account).

The benefit package seems reasonably comprehensive.

The raw salary portion is $90,536.40 CAD.

BTW, any advice on what I ought to use as a currency conversion rate in the
budget? I was planning to use $0.85 USD = $1.00 CAD. I think the current rate
is $0.83 or so, but it has fluctuated quite radically over the last year (from
a bit over $1.00 to a recent low around $0.78 or so).

A rate of 0.90 might be more conservative.

Best regards,