[OSGeo Finance] financial status overview?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Thu Apr 16 12:18:13 EDT 2009

thanks all for the status illumination,

>> There has been some effort in that direction, and it was the main topic
>> at the last board meeting.  However, so far results are not encouraging.
>> Our hoped for new major sponsor has not been receptive.

I am sorry to hear of this. I wonder
- whether it would be easier or harder to get international funding for
  FOSS4G 2009 or for the foundation directly
- whether it makes sense to engage the whole charter membership
  in a fundraising effort (working on their own employers or networks)

>> As discussed during the budgeting process, I would like to do a mid-year
>> financial review.  At that point we may need to ask the board to reduce
>> further planned marketing expenses, and take other steps to conserve
>> funds.

Okay I will look forward to this in June or so.

cheers,

jo