[OSGeo Finance] 2010 Budget

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 8 09:34:42 EDT 2010

Folks,

I have been very neglegent in failing to work on a 2010 budget for several
months.  I have prepared a first draft, and would like some feedback on it.

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2010

Notes:

* I have based on the ED salary and benefits on 2009 but using an assumption
   of dollar parity which might be best considered optimistic.  I have not
   looked into whether there have been any changes in payroll costs for
   benefits.

* I based the input from sponsors based on the amounts I saw in the 2009
   income and expense report.  It may be missing new sponsors already
   secured in 2010. Tyler, can you comment?

* I have assumed that Autodesk is dropping down to a Principal ($20K)
   sponsorship.  Is this still the plan?

* I budgeted $5000 for marketing though I have no specific guidance from
   them on what they want/need.   I am assuming we are being cautious.

* I have assumed that project sponsorship activity from projects other
   than GDAL are still negligible financially.

Overall we are seeing a $55K deficit which we would presumably aim to
fill with new sponsorships.

Best regards,