[OSGeo Finance] Closing one account?

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Oct 5 22:41:18 EDT 2011

On October 5, 2011 07:25:08 PM Lisa Sweeney wrote:
> I don't see a problem with closing the wells Fargo account that is
> accruing fees and not being used for anything.
>
> An alternative US banking option that doesn't charge lots of fees is
> INGDirect.com. I've used them for personal banking and have had good
> service, good access to my money (including from ATMs scattered around
> the world), better interest rates than at other banks, and no fees!
> They have an account option for businesses:
> http://business.ingdirect.com/products/ofb_savings.asp?s=Savings
>
> Does anyone else have experience with INGdirect for businesses?

I use INGdirect for some personal stuff too and like it.  I think at the time
we set up with TD Canada Trust there weren't as many business options.
So probably worth a review.  The brick-n-mortar banks are horrible for .orgs
like ours.

Fortunately with a minimal monthly balance we've avoided monthly
fees on most accounts, but I'm still sure you could find something
better (e.g. interest :) ).

FYI - I've also just finished reconciling the two main TD accounts in
Quickbooks up to Sept. end.

Next up Paypal accounts and credit card statements.

Tyler