[OSGeo Finance] Account updates and a few other next steps

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Oct 6 16:41:53 EDT 2011

> FYI - I've also just finished reconciling the two main TD accounts in
> Quickbooks up to Sept. end.
>
> Next up Paypal accounts and credit card statements.

I've now completely reconciled all the bank accounts, credit card statements
and one of our paypal accounts.  I've also cleared up some balances that were
in our FOSS4G accounts which were really only placeholders during the events
and confusing to have in there now.

There is one more Paypal account to go through that I hope to finish later
today.  Then I'll be doublechecking all the project-related fund levels and
help give you a report on that.

TD bank is working on getting you the paperwork Daniel, it's all out
of my hands since my appointment last week.  I suggest you follow
up with the contact you named at your end if you want to speed it up.

I have all the bank account paperwork organised and ready to ship
away, but there are a few loose ends you'll probably want to tie off before
I start to extract myself from the accounting process.  We will need to figure
out the credit card situation for recurring payments currently going onto my
personal cards.  If this becomes tricky, then I can renew some services early
for a few months, but just don't want to have to come back to you for
reimbursement later unless we really have to.  These include systems stuff:
PEER1, Pairnic as well as the mailboxes/forwarding addresses.

Which also reminds me, we need to make sure that all contributor agreements
and other important contact points will now be sent to the earthclass mail
account (or Michael directly, to save costs).  Likewise, you will have to
decide if you still want a forwarding mail address in Vancouver which was
required for our BC Extra-Provincial Society registration.

I also have a local PO Box that things were sent to so eartclassmail could
be avoided.  I suggest renewing it for another year (~$120) and I will
volunteer to watch it and forward anything onto you guys (will scan and shred
for free ;-) ).

Sorry, that's a heap of a brain dump!

To summarise:
* follow up with your local TD contact
* identify new credit card to use with recurring services (even temporarily)
* change main contact addresses to earthclassmail box
* identify main address for Canadian contact (I can then cancel Vancouver
forwarding)
* renew PO Box which is currently used for bank statements, contrib
agreements, cheques from sponsors, some other official stuff, etc.

Make sense?  Again, sorry, but wanted to get it written down.  We can come
back to it as/when you are ready to deal with it.

Have a great day,
Tyler