[OSGeo Finance] Account updates and a few other next steps

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Oct 6 17:50:11 EDT 2011

Thank you Tyler for the push on that front. I realize this kind of stuff
can be a bit daunting sometimes.

Quick jump to your summary:

On 11-10-06 04:41 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> To summarise:
> * follow up with your local TD contact

I'll do that tomorrow.

> * identify new credit card to use with recurring services (even temporarily)

If I can't get a new TD one quickly after meeting them, then I can use a
personal one which is otherwise currently unused

> * change main contact addresses to earthclassmail box
> * identify main address for Canadian contact (I can then cancel Vancouver
> forwarding)

Is this canadian address only for the BC Extra-Provincial Society
registration. What else goes there? I'm guessing they don't like the PO
Box for that? I'd have no problem using Mapgears' address for this if
that works. It's our business address, not likely to change anytime
soon, and it's already the home address of the OSGeo-Quebec local chapter.

BTW, do we need to keep this BC Extra-Provincial Society registration?
Was it required only so that we can have an employee? If yearly reports
are required then we may be better cancel it... knowing why it was
required in the first place may help make that decision.

> * renew PO Box which is currently used for bank statements, contrib
> agreements, cheques from sponsors, some other official stuff, etc.

I wonder if we could keep the PO Box and use the Canada Post mail
forwarding service to have all mail forwarded here? It's something like
30$ for 6 months IIRC. This way we keep the same PO Box address as
before but you don't need to deal with it personally.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/