[FOSS-GPS] Building FoxtrotGPS from BZR repository

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Mon Apr 19 09:44:32 EDT 2010

Hello there!

This is what you need to run to pull the source code of foxtrotGPS
(see http://www.foxtrotgps.org) and build it. The instructions are
made for Ubuntu 10.04 but should work on any *buntu or maybe even all
Debian-based distros, depending on package names and versions..

First let's install all the packages that are needed to work with the
Bazaar Version Control System we use, and compile the code with all
dependencies.
    sudo apt-get install bzr build-essential autoconf automake
pkg-config gconf2 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libexif-dev libsqlite3-dev
libgconf2-dev libtool libgtk2.0-dev libxml2 libxml2-dev intltool

Now you can grab a copy of our current shared codebase
    bzr branch http://www.foxtrotgps.org/branches/foxtrotgps-dev/

Enter the new foxtrotgps-dev folder
    cd foxtrotgps-dev

Because much of the familiar GNU-style build-infrastructure is
autogenerated from templates, and we want to avoid maintaining many
autogenerated files in bzr source code repository, you'll need to
`bootstrap' via the autoreconf command, e.g.:
    autoreconf --install --symlink --verbose

That will produce the infrastructure for the familiar GNU-style build-procedure:
    ./configure
    make

And that's it! Now you can run FoxtrotGPS with
   src/foxtrotgps

Enjoy!!