[FOSS-GPS] rtklib: Initial setup

Degerman Pär par.degerman at scania.com
Mon Nov 29 04:39:46 EST 2010

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to start using rtklib to enhance my localization at our site. I'm planning on setting up my own base station for differential measurement and using an IMU for ego motion correcting. But I need some help on how I should setup my system.

I currently have uBlox EVK-5T gps receivers. What I figured is that I could use rtklib as a server on my base station with the mentioned receiver, but I am having trouble getting it to work. What I have done is that I installed drivers for the GPS and connected it to u-center. That part worked, but when I fire up RTKNAVI I get no position. I'm unsure on what positioning mode I should use, currently I have it set to single.

I have set the input stream to use only the rover and a serial connection configured to use the assigned serial port (currently COM 11). Settings are 9600,8,N,1, No flow control. For startup and shutdown commands I loaded the attached 'ubx_raw_1hz.cmd' file.

When I press start I get alternating Green and Dark Green light on a single light in the input section and a constant dark green light in the middle section. But no position whatsoever. Does anyone have a clue on what I should change to get this setup working?

Best regards
Pär Degerman M.Sc.E.E.
Predevelopment, Systems Development, Scania CV AB
par.degerman at scania.com<mailto:par.degerman at scania.com>
Tel. +46 8 553 52705
Fax. +46 8 553 82418