[FOSS-GPS] FoxtrotGPS 1.1.1 released
Joshua Judson Rosen
rozzin at geekspace.com
Wed Jun 13 22:13:02 PDT 2012
I'd like to announce that FoxtrotGPS 1.1.1 has been released,
and can now be downloaded from <http://www.foxtrotgps.org/>.
>From the NEWS file:
* More detail in OpenStreetMap: FoxtrotGPS now supports loading
tiles for zoom levels up to 18.
* FoxtrotGPS is once again able to find routes on demand using
yournavigation.org and openrouteservice.org--thanks to
Benjamin Deering for removing the dependencies on the
tangogps.org route-finding proxy.
* FoxtrotGPS now supports loading distinct icons for different POIs--
and, if you have the `mkvisualid' command from libvisualid installed,
FoxtrotGPS can even generate distinctive icons automatically.
For more on libvisualid, see its website:
* Double-quotes and single-quotes, and apostrophes in POI-names
and -descriptions are no longer replaced with backticks.
* The GPX tracks produced by FoxtrotGPS now log latitude
and longitude with 6 digits after the decimal point.
So, mostly just a few bug-fixes and subtle improvements--
though Ben's fix for route-finding is quite a big improvement :)
Thanks to everyone--especially those who have contributed patches,
bug-reports, and words of wisdom.
"Don't be afraid to ask (λf.((λx.xx) (λr.f(rr))))."
More information about the FOSS-GPS