[FOSS-GPS] Inputting a known position.

Glenn Thorpe glenn at thorpies.com
Sat Feb 14 14:51:25 PST 2015

Hello
Does RTKLIB have the provision to input the fact that I am at a known
latitude and longitude?
Nowadays we can often identify our location to within a couple of
decimeters.  Imagery in Google Earth has pixels of well less than two
decimeters and the imagery placement seems to be within a few
centimeters, so if I locate myself on say the end of a road marking I
know my latitude & longitude to within two decimeters.
Inputting this known location into the calculation should achieve two
desirable objectives.  Firstly it will provide an instantaneous
elevation of within double the error of the latitude & longitude, so in
the case mentioned an instantaneous elevation of +/- 4 decimeters.  This
is what many modern pseudo-surveyors want and will really appreciate!
Secondly it will speed up the time to full fix very considerably, by the
length of time it currently takes to get to the accuracy of the known
position.
Thanks for your time
Glenn