[FOSS-GPS] Foxtrotgps shows sometimes openstreetmap.org maps on screen

Fred Mobach fred at mobach.nl
Tue Nov 14 10:01:51 PST 2023

Hello,

Since years I'm using foxtrotgps to show openstreetmap.org maps with my added
POI's on screen to have an overview of those POI's in a centain environment.

All of a sudden moment the maps were not shown when running in a common user
environment while the same programm running under root shown the maps in the
normal way. What this problem initiated is unknown to me.

To shown the problem the attachments shows the diffenrences:
- left the screen running under root,
- middle the configuration panel,
- right the screen running under user fred.

Note the error message No GPSD found: that missing device get the maps again
unde user fred.

So my question is how to get those maps under user fred displayed again.

Regards,

Fred