[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: Governance

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:52:53 PST 2018

Thanks all for a productive discussion at today's meeting. There was some
very good input around the shape of things to come and the process by which
we might get there, and clear consensus around the need to empower a 2019
conference committee and form a working group to investigate options for
forming an entity.

We also agreed generally on the process I proposed yesterday. The first
step is to ratify the governance document as a Terms of Reference for a new
committee, so I'll introduce this as a motion in a separate thread shortly.
Following that, the next step will be to form a committee and define roles
as needed - unclear whether this will happen before Christmas or not. I
suppose it'll depend on how quickly we adopt the ToR, but in any case I
don't think we need to rush it - if we adopt the ToR, we have a plan and
can move deliberately at a pace that suits us.

With these actions I believe we should be comfortably able to give a
Conference Committee the formal authority it needs.