[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: Governance

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 03:49:45 PST 2018

The governance doc looks great to me.

One thing that I'm really hoping to get by going through this process is a
bit more clarity on decision making. I struggled with knowing whether we'd
reached a quorum / had enough votes during many discussions in organising
our inaugural conference. I think that additional certainty around
governance will allow us to make decisions more efficiently - something
that we'll need to master in order to make this sustainable.

And regarding using OSGeo as a blueprint - I've spent a fair bit of time
looking at various OSGeo wikis to inform my input to the Governance
document, I'm comfortable that we're well aligned.