[FOSS4G-Oceania] Merch, Catering & Social Event updates

Daniel Silk dwsilk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 03:06:29 PST 2018

Hi all

*Speaker gifts*

80x tea towels for workshop presenters and speakers have been ordered from
Tea Towel Keepsakes, art by Pete King (see here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vazpEoDMZU92PcSHw9YbqhmwHoUk0akq>).

*Mugs*

250x mugs as the merch with our platinum sponsors logos have been ordered
from Promotive (see here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zDl-SsGnU6ydgqiDMXK4JPumBs4BKq0Y>).

*Pull up banner*

1x pull up banner stand has been ordered from Implant (see here
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GV4FMlFJ6XOoLK7eJrskR8H340AEr9mZ>)
I imagine this will go:
 - behind / beside the rego desk on workshop day
 - on the public lecture theatre stage for the two conference days
 - at the main entrance on the community day

*T-shirts*

After getting extremely slow responses and reaching voicemail every time I
called for the first two companies I tried based in Melbourne, I'm having
these printed by Brazen Clothing in Wellington and bringing them over.

Side bonus: saved around $500 (were going to go over the $30 per t-shirt
budget if they were printed in Australia).

See here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ii0H1AtOr-W1Ney2vJzfjfsDVDbmOZ6s/view?usp=sharing>
.

*Catering*

 - Menu confirmation, indicative numbers and dietary requirements sent to
Goldilocks Lunchboxes.
 - Community day food planned with help from David.

*Icebreaker*

 - Menu confirmations sent to The Shaw Davey Slum.
 - Currently estimating 125 attendees, 5x canapes and 1x slider for each
attendee. Will supplement with additional bar food on the day if our
numbers are higher.
 - Entrance by showing lanyard or we'll be registering attendees at the top
of the stairs if they did not register at workshops earlier in the day.
 - Drinks will be 2x drinks tickets per person at the social events (any
beer / wine by the glass / cider / soft drink).

*Conference Dinner*

 - Menu confirmations sent to Brunswick Mess Hall.
 - Conference dinner tickets
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tqDiQz7rkXJFl9Eop_2NEREkf0vzqpmh/view?usp=sharing>
(ordered
from Implant) will be included with lanyard provided on rego, mostly to
ensure there is no confusion over who has a ticket, particularly where an
attendee's company has organised payment and they're not sure if they have
a ticket or not!
 - Drinks will be 2x drinks tickets per person at the social events (any
beer / wine by the glass / cider / soft drink).
 - Our conference logo will be projected onto the wall of the Brunswick
Mess Hall for the duration of the conference dinner.

Not long to go now :-)

Cheers
Daniel