[FOSS4G-Oceania] 10 days to go! Update, committee movements, and help wanted

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 12:32:24 PST 2018

Alex,

Metrics on numbers of decision makers at a conference is relevant for
sponsors determining whether they are likely to be able to convert
sponsorship into sales. This was a common question for me in 2009 when I
was chasing sponsors. In my role at LISAsoft, when I was getting chased
by conference organisors to sponsor events, they would often provide
metrics about number of decision makers.

However, having said that, I think much of the value in our conference
is the community buzz we create, which comes from a community of low
level techies geeking out. I feel we are in a better position if we can
avoid chasing sponsors who are only interested in selling to CEOs.

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254