[FOSS4G-Oceania] 10 days to go! Update, committee movements, and help wanted

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:27:35 PST 2018

Survey is looking great, thanks Alex!

If there's disagreement on whether to ask about people's professional
status, an alternative approach could be: someone could go through our
attendee list on LinkedIn and build up a good profile in a few hours. Might
be a task that lends itself to sharing between 3 or 4 people.

I have a few comments about the survey:

   - Sometimes I find single-choice questions difficult to answer, eg *What
   was your primary reason for attending?* I think what we're trying to do
   with this question is get an overall sense of what motivates people to
   attend... would this work OK with a multi-choice?
   - Similar point to be made with *What is your primary interest in
   geospatial?*
   - There's one question in the Comm Day section in particular (*Which
   project did you work on?*) which might need a multi-choice for some
   attendees who will be doing more than one thing on the day.
   - One of the big questions I have, is how well do the FOSS4G and SotM
   parts of our event go together? I feel like there's a lot of room for
   improvement on this front for future years, and we could get some super
   valuable feedback.
   - It might be useful to get a bit of feedback on the program, ie.
   whether there were any topics people would like to see more of. Maybe a
   question like (Trisha's suggestion): *What topics would you have liked
   presented that were not in the program?*

For the mail out, maybe stick it in the mailing-list-messaging doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m1j8dSSKIyOP2GnZHS3_qaz1XumLXXTDkN3HG-q2rmo/edit#>
so it's all in one convenient place?

Cheers
John