[FOSS4G-Oceania] Motion: Increased discount for workshop presenters

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 16:25:45 PDT 2018

Thanks Adam for the alternative viewpoint, it's good to have strong,
divergent opinions in here so we can really think these things through.

I appreciate your frustration, but I'm not seeing this as a pricing change,
rather as a clarification on who's eligible for the Community Contributor
and Workshop Presenter discounts that we've already established. I'm also
resistant to pricing changes at this late date.

A little further scrutiny on the presenters we are considering applying
this to reveals this. Out of the 7 who have yet to register:

   - 5 are clearly eligible for the CC discount already, based on their
   code contributions to open source.
   - The other 2 could make a strong case for their involvement and
   achievements in the community.

I probably should have done this analysis before suggesting this be brought
to the committee. My apologies for wasting people's time.

In any case, I would like to close this off so that Trisha can proceed with
contacting presenters and securing their registrations as soon as possible.
If there is any more discussion, can I ask that it's raised by COB today?

Cheers
John