[FOSS4G-Oceania] Fwd: use of FOSS4G SotM Oceania logo

Jonah Sullivan jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 16:08:37 PDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Jonah Sullivan <jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep. 2018, 08:12
Subject: Re: [FOSS4G-Oceania] use of FOSS4G SotM Oceania logo
To: adam steer <adam.d.steer at gmail.com>

I'm surprised that there is consensus against people using the conference
logo.

The conference is predicated on people who collaborate and volunteer their
work and intellectual property for public benefit, but the conference
committee doesn't want to use the same permissive licensing for the
conference intellectual property.

What is going to happen when someone shows up with an unauthorised logo on
a shirt? Are we going to sue them for IP infringement?

The only licensing information on the website is cc zero for the code of
conduct.