[FOSS4G-Oceania] Oceania TGP - OSGeo support

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:09:48 PST 2019

Hi all,

Just following up on the discussion at the last conference planning
meeting, where I said I would confirm the timing.

At this stage, we're waiting on OSGeo to open the call for funding
requests, so there is no immediate urgency. It will likely happen very
soon, and should come out on the OSGeo conference-dev mailing list [1].

Once it does, we should have a few weeks up our sleeve to pull together an
application. The main things we'll need to have a fix on are:
- our target # of grantees
- the size and sources of our financial contribution
- the amount of our request from OSGeo

It would probably make sense to bring our TGP team together to write the
application.

The FOSS4G-NA team has already started working on their request [2], for
reference.

Looking forward to working with the 2019 team to bring it together :)

Cheers
John

[2]
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2019-February/005109.html