[FOSS4G-Oceania] Board roles

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 15:14:24 PST 2019

Hey everyone, hope you've all had a good break, and are ready for big
things in 2019!

Just picking up where we left off, our first order of business as a new
board is to fill roles to form an executive - specifically, a President,
Secretary, and Treasurer. There's no provision in the Terms of
Reference for a Vice President, but the idea has been raised - perhaps if
someone is keen to fill a VP role and can mount a compelling argument for
it, we should consider it. See the ToR roles
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KkUl-qwb2pE5OomHy-0RwKSsXJDOkFx0dpW6Dhfv624/edit#heading=h.cdxj74k5kfyx>
for reference.

By way of a process, I suggest this:
- over the next week to Monday 14 Jan, we take nominations in this email
thread
- over the subsequent week to Monday 21 Jan, we vote using something
like Election
Buddy <https://electionbuddy.com/> (I'm happy to set it up under the
admin at foss4g-oceania.org acct, or if someone else wants to propose an
alternative please feel free)
- we appoint based on the vote

It may seem like a bit of overkill, but I feel we're setting the stage for
an organisation that needs transparency and good systems to thrive. The
timing is such that those who need weekdays and those who need weekends for
this stuff will have ample chance to participate.

For nominations, a brief note on how you see the role, and what you hope to
bring to it, should suffice. We already have nominations from Alex and
Adam, perhaps worth reiterating them in this thread for posterity.

Sound good?

John