[FOSS4G-Oceania] Board roles

Yahoo Mail Team vasiti.soko at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 23:57:04 PST 2019

thanks john
happy new year all
i am.back in fiji now hoping to work with local university move to open source.
Sorry i have been inactive for awhile but m reading n keeping to date with the moves
congratulations all for taking this path

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

  On Mon, 7 Jan. 2019 at 12:15 pm, John Bryant<johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:   Hey everyone, hope you've all had a good break, and are ready for big things in 2019!
Just picking up where we left off, our first order of business as a new board is to fill roles to form an executive - specifically, a President, Secretary, and Treasurer. There's no provision in the Terms of Reference for a Vice President, but the idea has been raised - perhaps if someone is keen to fill a VP role and can mount a compelling argument for it, we should consider it. See the ToR roles for reference.
By way of a process, I suggest this:- over the next week to Monday 14 Jan, we take nominations in this email thread- over the subsequent week to Monday 21 Jan, we vote using something like Election Buddy (I'm happy to set it up under the admin at foss4g-oceania.org acct, or if someone else wants to propose an alternative please feel free)- we appoint based on the vote
It may seem like a bit of overkill, but I feel we're setting the stage for an organisation that needs transparency and good systems to thrive. The timing is such that those who need weekdays and those who need weekends for this stuff will have ample chance to participate.
For nominations, a brief note on how you see the role, and what you hope to bring to it, should suffice. We already have nominations from Alex and Adam, perhaps worth reiterating them in this thread for posterity.
Sound good?
FOSS4G-Oceania mailing list
FOSS4G-Oceania at lists.osgeo.org