[FOSS4G-UK] Notes from meeting 8th Aug 2023

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 06:26:58 PDT 2023

Thanks everyone for attending. TLDR:
- Local Venue Chairs - send out email informing presenters if their
submission is successful by Mon 14th Aug.
- Confirm the talks you have fit in the proposed schedule by Mon 14th Aug.
- Confirm who is doing which role here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_VL5p6e9kNZBF6KDw2V7ksQFaSg29SUlqIG-xM19Nmk/edit#gid=1245221575>.

- Arrange to run a test session with Amy, ideally in the venue, by Wed
30th Aug.
- Stickers confirmed, Nick will order, to be delivered to Tom Colley.
Tom will then send out to each venue. Please share your postal address
with Tom.
- Next meeting: Mon 21st 12-1, chaired by Ant:
https://meet.google.com/yuv-rqte-sku

Call for Talks
We have a good number of talks for:
- Glasgow - 5 -
- Lancaster - 5 - 4 talks, 1 lightning,
- Keyworth - 6 - 4 presentations, 2 lightning
- Maynooth - 5 - 4 talks, 1 lightning
- London - 7 - 3 presentations, 4 lightening talks / show and tell
- Bristol - 9 - 5 talks, 4 lightening talks
- Basingstoke - currently only 2 presentations. With 17 tickets sold so
far. After discussion, plan is to try and find some more speakers and
potentially ask OS to run their workshop here as well as Bristol.
- Swansea - currently only 3 presentations, with 4 tickets sold far.
After discussion with Tom Colley, decided to proceed. He will block book
tickets (Welsh Gov) and also has plans for an afternoon workshop.

All local venue chairs are responsible for informing Call for Talks
whether they are successful or not. Aim to send this email out my Mon
14th Aug.

Registration

Shared Eventbrite access with Peter Mooney. He will post updated
versions of registrations while I and Ant are away.

Barry asked for a code for free tickets for Lancaster because they have
additional money from a sponsor. Added code to Eventbrite. Barry to be
in charge of distributing code for a set number of tickets.

Schedule
Discussion around schedule options. Provisional version included below
and in Google Sheet. Local venue chairs to confirm by Mon 14th, and if
all ok, to publish as draft schedule on website.

09:00    09:30    Arrivals
09:30    09:45    Local welcome
09:45    10:15    Helen McKenzie (20-25+5-10) geospatial evangelising
10:15    10:45    Local session 1
10:45    11:15    Coffee / networking break
11:15    12:45    Local session 2
12:45    13:45    Lunch
13:45    14:45    Local session 3
14:45    15:15    Ujaval Gandhi (20-25+5-10) geospatial career (google
-> open)
15:15    15:30    Break
15:30    16:30    "Ten Years After" Panel Session
16:30    16:45    wrap up, thank you

Tech

Please:
- confirm who is doing what Role (Host/Tech/Welcome)
- confirm Google Email address(s) for Amy for YouTube access
On here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_VL5p6e9kNZBF6KDw2V7ksQFaSg29SUlqIG-xM19Nmk/edit#gid=1245221575.

Arrange to run a test session with Amy, ideally in the venue, by Wed
30th Aug.

Draft es & Streaming Instructions
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XULYu_UAyTxaomCHHbKKlC0Fw99L0qdMDyDjqPVf4xk/edit#heading=h.p096za8f2vsc

Comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome.

Swag
Stickers confirmed, Nick will order, to be delivered to Tom Colley. Tom
will then send out to each venue. Please share your postal address with
Tom. Tom will also send out some general OSGeo stickers.
Steven to be asked to take on T shirt print on demand.

Keynotes
Matt to confirm with presenters and get details for website.

Online Attendance
NB to write some wordage.

Next meeting:
Mon 21st 12-1, chaired by Ant
https://meet.google.com/yuv-rqte-sku

I am away 9th - 13th and 21st-27th Aug so won't be checking email then.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.