[FOSS4G-UK] web design

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 03:42:23 PDT 2023

Hi Barry,

Thanks for looking at this.

I fear we may be over-complicating this. I'd suggest we drop the footer
completely (OSGeo UK Local Chapter) and then just fix everything
together so it all scrolls. If the nav menu scrolls off, so be it.
People can scroll back up. I think the collapsible navigation menu just
adds more complexity where we don't need it.

What do you / others think?

Thanks for adding the ribbon - it looks good :-)

Also the side bar looks odd on your image. It should look like this:

With the nav links vertical, and the logos vertical as well, in desktop
mode. It should only do like that in narrow / web mode, with the main
page text underneath.

That's what happens for me in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Are you using a
different browser?

Anyway - sorry for the tangent.

I'd say keep things simple (ditch the footer and fix the whole page).
What do you think?

Best wishes,
Nick.

--
Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.