[FOSS4G-UK] Lancaster Venue

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 02:01:27 PDT 2023

Hi All,

 I've got a venue for the Lancaster session of the conference - Fraser
House Hub in Lancaster. Its a local tech hub/coworking space. Cost for the
day is £0.00. For that I'm happy to make Fraser House a sponsor and give
them plenty of publicity.

 This great deal comes courtesy of my awesome negotiation skills. Well no
actually, Rory in charge of the place was happy that as long as the meeting
was open to all we could have it, since quite a few of the businesses in
the place might be interested. Win-win.

 There's a space for about 50 people with a big screen for presentations,
breakout rooms, huddle spaces etc. Tea and coffee on tap. Only expense will
be lunch and snacks, local caterers are available. Last night's PyData
meeting there was fuelled by artisan pizza and cakes. It's like
Google-on-Lune: https://fraserhousehub.co.uk/ - 10m walk from the train
station.

 So I think I could get away with charging a minimal £10, especially if we
can get some additional sponsorship.

Barry