[Foss4g2008loc] FOSS4G Marketing and information for Press

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Apr 18 10:04:07 EDT 2008

Hi All,
Torsten Brassat has mailed the FOSS4G information by Gavin[1] circulated by Frank on OSGeo Discuss to a selection of media. We have added the list to the OSGeo Wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Public_Relations

We might want to (sparingly) reuse this list whenever we feel that important information needs to be circulated to the broader geospatial media. If you have a chance please synchronize this one with your lists (ideally adding names) and forward the information to your contacts.

Following up on what we discussed in our IRC meeting we should start to put together a communication page similar to the one used by FOSS4G 2007, it has been started here for 2008:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2007_Communication

Best regards,
Arnulf.

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/announce/2008-April/000080.html