[Foss4g2008loc] Integration showcase: Feedback

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Sat Sep 20 00:44:19 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm looking for feedback on how the integration showcase has gone so
far.  From what I understand, not many sponsors have been overly
interested.  If so, this seems to be the same as Victoria last year.
Given I'm helping the Sydney bid, and we're planning one, I'd like to
get some ideas as to what works and doesn't.

1. Is it a case of not selling the showcase aggressively enough?

2. Has it been too hard for sponsors to understand how to use it or what
they can do with it?

3. Do the sponsors just not see it as adding value for them?  From a
FOSS pov, it's clear the value that integration between different
ecosystems brings for us, but perhaps that same value proposition isn't
there for vendors.  Thoughts?

4. Is there anything that could be done to increase the value
proposition for sponsors?

I understand things are a little busy right now, so if this is best left
on the back burner till later, that's fine.

Regards,
Tim Bowden
--
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.