[Foss4g2009] OCS/Events Conferencing software integration meeting minutes

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 02:02:39 EDT 2008

Comments inline.

Bruce.Bannerman at dpi.vic.gov.au wrote:

> IMO:
>
> Sorry to be blunt guys.
>

> Time is slipping away from us and we need to make a decision one way
> or the other.
I don't think time is against us yet.
Putting a placemarker website up should not be held back by integration
with OCS.
Integration with OCS doesn't need to be engaged until we start accepting
papers & registrations. (in ~ 6 months?)

> Cameron,
>
> Do you have sufficient information to summarise the arguments for a vote?
Integration requires a PHP software developer, ideally with OCS experience.
I've been fishing for a developer to step forward, but so far haven't
had any bites.
This would be our best solution.

Option 2: We hire a PHP developer to integrate the 2 applications. My
guess is this will cost ~ 1 to 2 months work. Which in turn will
increase registration costs by $50/delegate, or by OSGeo paying for the
development. I don't think either of these options are desirable.

Option 3: Go with Tour Host existing system.

> If not, what needs to be done to get this information, i.e.:
>
> What is known?
A rough design is understood. It will need to be refined by the a
development team, but I see this as a low risk activity.

> What is not known?
>
> What needs to be found out?
>
> What help is needed?
Developer(s) need to be engaged. Ideally open source geeks on their own
time.

> Who is available to do each bit?
>
> What timeframe are we working to?
Needs to be complete before we open for registration and call for papers.