[Foss4g2009] OCS/Events Conferencing software integration meeting minutes

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:29:44 EDT 2008

In answer to some questions:

1. Simon, an OCS only solution is not an option as Tour Hosts' processes
are too closely integrated with their Events system. The best we can do
is integrate OCS with Tour Hosts' Events.

2. Bruce, I understand the Event's system is used around the world.

3. Bruce, the integration we are proposing is to allow sharing of user
ids between OCS and Events (use a Single Sign on). While there is
probably only a few days work for this specific functionality, I'd
expect to waste a lot of time getting the two systems to line up their
processes and hand over from one to the other smoothly, get code
submitted into baselines etc. (Hence the 1 to 2 months estimate).

I agree with sentiment so far. If a volunteer doesn't step forward, we
should go back to the safe option. And lets focus our energy of better
things.
Eg: A foss4g integration showcase:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Integration_Showcase