[Foss4g2009] OCS/Events Conferencing software integration meeting minutes

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 6 13:53:23 EDT 2008

On 6-Aug-08, at 2:29 AM, mapbutcher wrote:

> I vote for one system or the other, if that's not the way that the
> committee wants to go then I would vote for as basic an integration
> as possible.

Simon's points touched on my concerns as well.  At this point we
already have the ability for conference managers to extract
registrant info from OCS as-needed.  I think the integration question
has been overblown, I don't see it as a deal breaker.  Online reports
or even more direct database querying could be relatively easily
achievable.

OCS already handles several components really well, in particular as
Frank noted, on handling paper submissions, etc.

Although there is no OSGeo mandated system, at this point, it would
be pretty disappointing (for me personally) to see yet another
custom, proprietary option used by an LOC.  Sorry I couldn't make the
call, and I'm still catching up on this discussion, so bear with me...

Tyler